Wish FM to recognize best OPM acts via 8th Wish Music Awards at the Big Dome

Returning live at the Big Dome this 2023, the highly anticipated 8th Wish Music Awards (WMAs) is set to gather music luminaries, top-caliber performers, rising artists, and OPM supporters for a night of music and charity.
On January 22, 2023, the WMAs will once again turn the spotlight on the top Wish Bus performances, songs, and artists of 2022. 

A total of 53 musical acts are competing across 19 major categories for a chance to take home the highly coveted WMAs trophy, a cash prize worth Php25,000, and another Php100,000 for their chosen charitable organization.
Wishers can help their favorite artists win an award by voting via the Wish Awards voting site or the Wish 107.5 app. The polling period begins on November 28, 2022, and ends on January 6, 2023. As in the previous installments of the award-giving endeavor, 30% of a nominee’s final score will come from Wishers’ votes. Meanwhile, the remaining 70% will come from the scores given by the WMAs’ distinct panel of judges. 
A special accolade called the Wisher’s Choice Award will also be given to the nominee who will garner the highest number of votes.

On top of the major recognitions, the station will also honor OPM acts whose Wishclusive performances have garnered at least 10 million YouTube views through the Wishclusive Elite Circle award. 

Another anticipated portion of the program is the bestowing of the esteemed KDR Icon awards ⁠— the KDR Icon of Musical Excellence and the KDR Icon of Music and Philanthropy. These distinctions are given to musical icons who have made a mark in the industry and to individuals who strive to make use of their musical gifts for noble deeds, respectively. 

Apart from paying homage to the wonderful people behind the thriving OPM scene, the eighth edition of the Wish Music Awards also aims to highlight the resiliency and pure talent of Filipino music creators. 
“Despite the many difficulties, you continue to craft songs and innovate your sound — and you do so with a quiet fortitude that speaks volumes about your genuine intentions and priorities. And we just want you to know that we at Wish 107.5 see you and your hard work. We hear you and your music. And we are proud of all of you and your works of art,” Wish 107.5 originator Kuya Daniel Razon said in his 7th WMAs speech.